Monday, September 12, 2011

Sink Reflections

I remember when I first heard about Fly Lady.  I was at home, late at night surfing the internet.  I remember a friend talking about a shiny sink and decided that it couldn't hurt to look it up.  WOW, what a change happened in my life that night.  Jared was out of town, and I sat at the computer bawling as I had the inspired thought that I was not alone and other people did struggle with keeping their house clean and being organized. 

At the time, I had four small children, was constantly exhausted and felt mentally and emotionally drained and overwhelmed.  Whenever I need a pick-me-up, I pull this book off the shelf and realize that "I am not behind" and that "I can do anything for 15 minutes".  Sometimes it takes that reassurance from the pages of a book written by someone who cares and who has been in my shoes to pick me up off the emotional floor and "put on those lace-up shoes". 

I love this book, and always will.  It has given me courage to face what seems like daunting tasks and reassurance that I am not the only idiot who can't seem to keep it together. 

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting how harshly we judge ourselves. To the rest of the world, even your family, you seem to hold it together so beautifully. Even though you are so much younger, you have been my hero for many years and I hope you never doubt what an amazingly good wife, mother, sister and daughter you are. And, after all, isn't it all about relationships?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks chica (I remember when you used to call me that years ago)!! As I have reviewed my last couple of weeks (it has been one of those "hide under the covers until it's over" times) I realized that in comparison to your struggles, my problems "ain't no thang"!!! We all have strength within us just waiting to burst out in superhero fashion. I am thinking of having a Halloween costume made that says "coping girl" because sometimes just getting through the day takes superhuman strength-LOL!! Thankfully we have the Lord who is the ultimate "swoop in and save the day" hero!!

    ReplyDelete