Monday, March 14, 2011

Still Off the Wagon. . .but running alongside

I have decided to bribe myself to finish Connecticut Yankee by agreeing (with myself--can anyone say schizophrenic??) to read 5 chapters in Connecticut Yankee in exchange for reading an entire book that is fun to read!!!  I finished the books below and went back to the library on Saturday and picked up 5 more.  Once I am done with the 5 new books, I should also be done with Connecticut Yankee.  If my current pattern holds, I will be done with Connecticut Yankee by Wednesday since I read an entire book yesterday and 5 chapters in Connecticut Yankee.  Here are the books I finished on Friday.
Of course it is a series book (my weakness).  Only one more to go and I am done w/ the series.  I don't know why I picked them up to begin with, but I found myself crying in the first one, so I continued.  BTW, I think Carmen is a total selfish BRAT!!!!
Never thought I would like these books. . .the premise of sending children into "battle-to-the-death" games for political purposes was a little disturbing. However, I have enjoyed them and even got my husband hooked on them.
I have enjoyed these "chick" books.  Nothing educational or deep about them, just fun to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment